Thursday, May 27, 2010

Is This Discrimination, Yes

Wow, that's really all there is to it. I do agree with not showing certain body piercing in a professional environment. Such as lip, eyebrow, chin. I do think that is a little provocative. If we do ban that though, really we shouldn't be able to wear them in our ears. Certain people would argue it's OK for women but not males. Which is also discrimination. What truly is wrong or right, it's pretty much our own opinion. Tattoo's I think are people's choice, I personally don't like tattoo's on myself due to there, there forever and as you do get older you might think differently on why did I do that when I was teen? I've never thought it was wrong of someone else to do it though. That's completely their choice and I do find myself looking at them and thinking how they are such a work of art. The problem is, is that some people tend to take it to far by putting vulgar things or as myself would perceive inappropriate things that maybe they shouldn't be showing to the whole world. A lot of times people express themselves with their tattoo's and sometimes it's overwhelming. If you say one thing is wrong though you can't discriminate against, as some people would say good tattoo's. Such as flowers, butterflies, simple things in life. We are about our freedom in the United States, people themselves should recognize the limits on their own. I don't agree it should be ban, and it is discrimination, there are a lot of very professional people who have tattoo's and who are very qualified in what they do. Tattoo's have nothing to do with how hard of worker they truly are.

2 comments:

  1. How do you decide what is a good tattoo and what isn't, that is where you just have to say no to any tattoos. You are the company's billboard when you are in front of the customers, you are what they see and you need to look professional and clean cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I agree with the fact that it's wrong to eliminate someone's method of expression, it is easy to see how tattoos can be connotative with people some might consider "unfit" for the business world. There is a lot of tattooing that has to do with gangs and other criminals, so if I was the head of a company, I would want my employees to be a good representation of me.

    ReplyDelete